b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:21­27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:21­27
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:44:53 +0200

Dear Samuel,

The year of the Neo-Babylonian and Achaemenid kings in most cases started the
first time the new moon could be seen; in a few cases the month started one
day before the first visibility or one day after. Contrary to what is
believed, there are no astronomical data by which we can be certain whether
the year started in March, April or May. The tables of Parker and
Dubberstein, "Babylonian Chronology 626 B.C - A, D 75 are nothing but
educated guesswork.

According to my research, Artaxerxes I started to reign in the year 475/74
and his year 7 started in the year 468, either 24 March or 22 April.

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli

Fredag 19. Oktober 2012 10:58 CEST skrev Samuel Nunez