b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Participle or Qatal?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Participle or Qatal?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 00:55:42 -0700

Now for a follow up verse.

As I read Judges 6:29, there are two verbs עשה (%H which I found myself
reading as participles. This time, the Masoretes pointed these verbs as
Qatal, so this time I disagreed with the Masoretes. As in the previous
example in this thread, I read the conjugation as referring to the actor
more than the action, hence the participle.

Then the next verse has the verbs and נתץ NTC and כרת KRT which I read as
Qatal verbs because here I see the emphasis on the action more than on the
actor.