b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] SOBIY

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] SOBIY
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 06:41:19 +0300

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:59 AM, Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu> wrote:
> In my book it is HA-ADAM.

In my books, too.
There are about 40 examples of אדן in places where
other texts have אדם in codex Kaufmann. It was not a simple
slip of the pen.

The point is that there was a stage of the language called
Mishnaic that your worldview doesn't seem to have much
room for.
Abba Bendavid's leshon miqra ulshon Haxamim
2vol 1967, is a good place to start.

Randall Buth

Copyist errors are common in the latter Hebrew

--
Randall Buth, PhD
www.biblicallanguagecenter.com