b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Daniel 12:10 and Jeremiah 22:7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Daniel 12:10 and Jeremiah 22:7
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:53:10 +0000

In Dan. 12:10 the word "wise ones" is spelled hay mem sin kaf lamed yud mem,
but I thought it is supposed to have another yud in it as a hiphil verb. Also
in Jer. 22:7 "the destroyers" is spelled mem sin het tav yud mem without the
extra yud that a hiphil verb would have. Are these mistakes or is it common
for hiphil verbs like these to be spelled without the yud? Are there other
examples? I am sorry if Iam not using the correct grammatical terminology,
but I am sure someone in B-Hebrewland understands. Maybe one of you will
even answer me.

Kenneth Greifer