b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 12:10 and Jeremiah 22:7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 12:10 and Jeremiah 22:7
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:31:36 +0200

Kenneth,

I'd say that the forms you bring here are the SHORT ones.
The usual form, yes, has a yud after the second root consonant.
And so we have in Jdg 20:42 the same word you provide (of Jer 22:7) but with
yud inserted ---------> this last is, so to say, the right form.

By "other examples" (in your question) what do you mean: other examples of
short forms and their corresponding long ones? What are you thinking of?

Heartly,

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)