b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] primitivization of language english

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] primitivization of language english
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:40:38 -0600

Hello Randall;

Thanks for your informative comments.

I am glad to hear it.

In my unscientific and limited experience here in america, some of the
persons who attend those kinds of synagogue services do not enjoy fluency in
the leningrad codex.

And as we know, yiddish and modern hebrew differ substantially from
masoretic text.

I also recall attending, many years ago, catholic services conducted
partially in the latin language. The congregrations, in my recollection,
could chant along with the priest some phrases in the latin language. But
their (and my) understanding of the latin vulgate or latin language bible?
... that was a no go.

regards,

fred burlingame