b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] primitivization of language english

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] primitivization of language english
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:19:55 -0600

Hello Bryant:

Thanks for your instructive comments.

My response follows.

Don't most church/synagogue services include:

a. a reading of the text; and

b. an explanation of the text, at & to the level of language ability of the
audience;

with both "a" and "b" performed by an expert in the text?

And so Nehemiah testifies that the priests:

a. read the text; and

b. then brought down the text to the level of language understanding by the
people? nehemiah 8:8?

regards,

fred burlingame