b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] primitivization of language english

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] primitivization of language english
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:04:58 -0600

Hello Randall:

I have no problem changing the thread name. Please choose whatever name you
like.

I am interested in the entire package, (including its pieces and
parts), manifest as the leningrad codex; the letters, the words, the
punctuation marks, the vocalization marks, etc.

And the questions are few and simple, based on the apparent and ongoing loss
of the english language to most consumers of it.

1. could the general population of consumers of the leningrad
codex, message, read the text themselves, individually?

2. could the general population of consumers of the leningrad codex,
message, understand the text when someone read the text to them?

3. in the 10th century?

4. in the 5th century b.c.,; assuming a similar predecessor text existed?

I observe by way of comparison.
Can 13.4 million consumers of this text, read it today?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism

i don't think so. certainly not in america.

Can 2.2 billion adherents of this text, understand it, today, being read to
them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

i don't think so.

Can one percent of this number understand, upon hearing it? .... doubtful.

And therein lies the essence of the question. the big question. who is the
intended consumer of the text; stan the scholar (all 1,000 of them); or bill
the bricklayer (all 1 billion of them).

the testimony of the young generation of english language consumers who own
cell phones now, testifies strongly against it, the common consumption of
the masoretic text, then.

regards,

fred burlingame