b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Song of Songs 1:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Song of Songs 1:12
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:31:34 +0100

Dear Uri,

the right issue was:

"pattern consisting of hofal of verbs ayin-waw + second person singular
suffix does not exist in the Hebrew language".

Passive binyanims by their nature take no personal suffix, do they?

[On the contrary, pattern consisting of hifil of verbs ayin-waw + second
person singular suffix, yes, this exists].

Greetings

Pere Porta