b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] quantum hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] quantum hebrew
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:27:34 -0500

Hello George:

Thanks for your comments.

I understand the forum policy that forbids theology. Discussion of the
latter point frequently provokes non-productive emotional response.

I do not understand however, how:

a. an effective discussion of language can arrive;

b. when such language becomes expressed exclusively in the context of "truck
transmission manuals;"

c. and yet the purpose and character of truck transmissions cannot be
discussed; rather only the "nuts and bolts" that comprise the transmission
can be ventilated.

It seems like this forum cures "cures the cancer," but loses the patient in
the process.

In other words, how can you access the true meaning of words that describe a
Person; and yet not discuss that Person?

I cannot imagine any reasonable discussion of middle english
language expressed in canterbury tales proceeding in this manner; or
shakespeare, etc.

Regards,

fred burlingame