b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] quantum hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] quantum hebrew
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:46:50 -0500

Hello Isaac:

Thanks for your comments.

Your analysis could be correct. The word רע could carry the meaning you
describe.

The individual human obligation to do good and shun evil appears however, to
represent the central message of the masoretic text story, be it true or
false.

Your proposed definition of "ra" would require a big change in that story.
Witness "Dvarim" 30:15, "Bereshit" 2:17.

I am not sure any students or scholars of the masoretic text willing
to travel down that road.

regards,

fred burlingame