b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] teaching communicatively

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry H." <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: "Randall Buth" <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] teaching communicatively
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:47:20 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randall Buth" <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
To: "Barry H." <nebarry AT verizon.net>
Cc: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 3:34 PM

[Barrius dixerat]
Cum quibus dixit? Vivis hominibus quos tangat, aut in linea?

visitabat et Britannicae diximus. I don't speak Latin.
He wanted advice about how to go about doing in Hebrew
what he did in Latin. We had a nice conversation.

Anglice, non Britannicae. But what I said was "With whom has he spoken? To living human beings with reach, or on line?"

Nullo quo modo scio multo facilius Latine in diurnalibus rebus quam Graece vel Hebraice loqui possum...

"I don't know why, but I find it much easier to speak Latin conversationally than either Greek or Hebrew..."

S.v.b.E.v.

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
V-P of Academic Affairs, TNARS
bhofstetter AT tnars.net
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry