b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic to Hebrew language switch?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic to Hebrew language switch?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 10:45:23 +1000

Jim, a couple of things:

1. 'It does look as though...' is not really an argument of substance.
2. Even if Gen 36 is an insertion, it means the form of the book that we
have is from the monarchic era at the earliest. Regardless of the origin of
the other traditions, our edition of Genesis is no older than the monarchic
era. (I would argue it's probably later still.)

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au