b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Arnaud Fournet <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:14:07 -0700

Arnaud:

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Arnaud Fournet
<fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>wrote:

> If we keep with the Hurro-Urartian idea WRYH could be ur(i)hi "true". It is
> attested as person name.
> It makes more sense than ebri.
>
> Arnaud Fournet
>

> I just want to be sure, but as I understand what you are saying, )WRYH
could very well be a Hittite name, originally pronounced something like
Uwrihi instead of the commonly written Uriah?

The reason I am asking is because I never thought of it this way before, but
it sounds like it would make sense if Uriah truly were a Hittite.

Thanks.