b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Embedding Hebrew in HTML

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kenneth Litwak <javajedi2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Embedding Hebrew in HTML
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:25:22 -0700 (PDT)

I am putting some journal article titles and abstracts on to a web page.
As it happens (a rare event), there are three Hebrew words in one of the
abstracts. What is the easiest, fastest way to put a few Hebrew words into
HTML? I don't suppose I can put a CSS tag in for "FONT=HEBREW" can I? That
would be too simple I suppose. I've not posted Hebrew on the web or in email
ever so I'm not set up with Unicode or anything like that. My source is a
Word doc but I don't know what font was used there, as what I got is
gibberish. I have the actual printed journal to use for the Hebrew words.
Thanks.

Ken