b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Embedding Hebrew in HTML

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Embedding Hebrew in HTML
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:19:46 -0700

Richard:

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Richard <aaa AT endlyss.com> wrote:

> How do you do this with Linux? I would love to know. Do you use a
> particular editor? That would be a great capability to have.
>
> Richard Conaway
>

> I don’t know that much about Linux, so I use Ubuntu. From what I hear,
that’s about the easiest to use.

The editor I use is gedit, which means that I need to know the codes I
enter.

To get the special characters that I need, I have the keyboard set up to
mimic a Macintosh, then for foreign alphabets, have it set up to give me the
opportunity to enter different languages according to the language chosen.
Hebrew entry uses the Israeli keyboard layout. Setting up the keyboard is
part of the system administration for Ubuntu.

Hope this helps.