b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] "Yahweh" occurs 6823 times in the Roman CatholicNewJerusalem Bible BUT occurs "ZERO" times in the underlying Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry" <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] "Yahweh" occurs 6823 times in the Roman CatholicNewJerusalem Bible BUT occurs "ZERO" times in the underlying Hebrew
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:41:43 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry" <nebarry AT verizon.net>
To: "Stephen Shead" <srshead+bh AT gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:26 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Shead" <srshead+bh AT gmail.com>
To: "davedonnelly1" <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>; "b-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:12 PM

Second, unlike Barry -- though without wanting to insult him or anyone else
in the world :) -- I also have a profoundly "religious" interest in the
name of God in the Bible. I consider myself a conservative Christian. (I
just want to make it clear where I'm coming from - the last thing I am
trying to do is start a faith-based debate!!!!!)

It takes a great deal more to insult me than this! However, just to
clarify, I am far less concerned with spelling and pronunciation, than with
the referent to which the noun points... :) Spelling and pronunication
are adiaphora for me, personally.

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry

  • [b-hebrew] "Yahweh" occurs 6823 times in the Roman CatholicNewJerusalem Bible BUT occurs "ZERO" times in the underlying Hebrew, Barry, 07/25/2010