b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Asher again

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Asher again
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:32:42 -0700

Stoney:

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Stoney Breyer <
stoneyb AT touchwoodcreative.com> wrote:

> KR: Well, there is no argument.
> SB: And that's the point I've been trying to make from the beginning.

> Stoney Breyer
> Writer/TWC
>
> Then why did you jump in and make it into an argument?

All I did was to mention the message included in the text, where I thought
it unnecessary to mention that many people consider that message a myth,
even including Jim Stinehardt, unnecessary to mention because it is so
widely so understood. I then contrasted that with the myth, a myth that has
many variants with Jim Stinehardt being an outlier towards the old end,
while most variants of that myth giving a date of authorship for the
Pentateuch as between late pre-Babylonian Exile to the Hasmonean age, a myth
that could give a completely different reading to the text. As far as I
know, in accordance with the rules on this list, I did not proselytize for
any understanding while discussing these options.

So why make it into an argument?