b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Asher again

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Asher again
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:15:38 +0300

Dear Yitzhak,

While your arguments below are (as usual) both informative and contribute to
the discussion, your attack on Karl is absolutely uncalled for. We know that
Karl's views are not in line with most of modern scholarship. He admits this
freely, and usually limits his comments to the Hebrew language. He's not the
only member of this list who has "unconventional" views, and is actually
more careful than some about airing them in public. He does occasionally
"slip", as he did in this case. So what? I, personally, prefer to hear and
to be able to interact with Karl's views (within the limits of this list's
purpose) than to censor every post that does not toe the party line, as
happens on some other lists that we both know of. You, and everyone else who
disagrees with Karl, have the choice of either ignoring his comments,
briefly stating that you think he's wrong, or presenting evidence to the
contrary. But please keep it civil as you usually do.

Thank you,

Yigal Levin

Co-moderator, B-Hebrew