b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Initial Consonant Clusters in Biblical Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kevin Riley <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Initial Consonant Clusters in Biblical Hebrew
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:16:31 +1000

I would both agree and disagree with Yitzhak. They do have a habit of saying things that are not based on any scholarly consensus or archaeological evidence - such as Karl's claim that Hebrew was originally CV - but in most cases (not that one) their claims do have a basis - it just isn't one we talk about on this list. I don't see it as any more 'apology worthy' than some of the statements they (and others) have made, so why not let the gentlemen in question sort it out for themselves? If we start insisting on an apology every time someone is offended, we will end up with an archive filled with more apologies than anything else.

Kevin Riley