b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 30:20-30

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 30:20-30
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:09:19 +0300

It is exactly this very attitude of yours that makes debating with you often
pointless Yitzhak. If you aren't willing to do a little work to demonstrate
your point then why should anybody put in the effort to listen to you? On
many occasions and in many discussions I've asked you to provide primary
data and you have continued to quote secondary sources as your authority.
This approach doesn't build much confidence in what you have to say. It's a
shame really. Because you could otherwise make such a good contribution to
discussions if you were willing to put the effort in.

James Christian