b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Seir

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Gary Hedrick <GaryH AT cjfm.org>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Seir
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:59:21 -0500

You're right, JP. Another consideration is that the Sinai was also known as part of "Arabia" in ancient times and there were forests in the Sinai.

I still think we spend a disproportionate amount of time on this list talking about offbeat geographic theories that nobody takes seriously anyway. We should get back to the Hebrew text. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, TX