b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Seir

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Seir
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:18:29 -0700

Jim:

> When a theory is based on BDB, Gesenius, Arabic cognate words, a Hurrian
> cognate word, a Urartian cognate word, and attestations on the T III list,
> in
> the Amarna Letters, and in truly ancient chapter 14 of Genesis as to a Late
> Bronze Age city located in the “well-wooded” hill country of the
> Transjordan just east of the Jordan River, how does such a theory
> constitute a “
> way-out theory” that “tries our collective patience”?

That you have failed to get a single convert in three years on this list is
evidence that it is trying our collective patience.

Every one of your “evidences” is questionable in your support, and you
contradict clear statements concerning the patriarchal age and locations,
together making your theory a way-out one.

> Why try to deny the historical and linguistic facts,

That’s our question to you.

> when those objective
> facts fully support the pinpoint historical accuracy of the “four kings
> against five” at Genesis 14: 1-11?

The problem for you is that they don’t support your theories.