b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Seir

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Seir
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 18:45:45 +0300

I won't call you a prophet George because I think we all pretty much
predicted that his reply would be another essay that regurgitates the same
stuff over and over again. Can we just ban the topic but stick to the ban
this time and bring some order back to b-hebrew? It would be nice if we
could have at least one discussion which didn't get hijacked and turned into
'the pinpoint historical accuracy of Genesis 14 when taken out of its
geographical and temporal context and forced into another one'.

This guy is never going to accept that the Horites does not equal the
Hurrians or that his view of the Amorites is misguided. It's really
pointless to continue any discussion. I've personally given up trying to
respond to him and reason with him. I suggest everybody else just ignores
him as well. We had that funny mathematical theory of Hebrew a few years ago
and everybody ended up ignoring him until he went away when he refused to
accept any criticism. We still get the odd email from him but nothing as
persistent as Jim. I vote for ignoring Jim unless he is willing to
participate in other discussions that don't involve his theories. I see no
future for b-hebrew other than constantly refuting his theories if we allow
this to go any further.

It's time to move on folks. It's getting boring. Stop feeding the troll.

James Christian