b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] anything about Amarna

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] anything about Amarna
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:59:02 +0000

Jim Stinehart,

I don't have the internet at home anymore, so I don't check B-hebrew much,
but I checked today and I see that you have successfully taken over all of
B-Hebrew. I am very impressed. Almost every discussion is about your ideas.

I think I read somewhere lately that you are still mentioning the 318 porters
as being in the Amarna letters and in the battle Abraham fought. I thought
Yitzhak Sapir changed your mind about the Amarna letters even saying the
Amarna letters do not say 318 in email on Dec. 26, 2007 at 19:39. (check the
archives) He said it only has 5000 and then 8.

I can't remember which recent email of yours said the 318 again. Too bad you
don't have a site that lists all of your ideas in an organized way. I cannot
search every old email.

I also would like to say that even if you convince people that every place in
Genesis is really north of where they currently believe, that won't prove
that the patriarchal stories are based on the Amarna letters because they are
totally different. Someone died in Shechem in Genesis and someone died there
in the Amarna letters, but the stories are totally different. Even if you
give 10,000 proofs that every place is north, you still can't give one proof
that any of the stories match. We have to assume only one person in the
ancient times fought over a well or only one person ever lent someone an idol
and wanted it back. All of these stories don't match at all, so your attempt
to prove that the Torah in Genesis is phony is going to fail no matter what
you say about locations in the north.

Kenneth Greifer

http://www.messianicmistakes.com/