b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] anything about Amarna

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] anything about Amarna
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:22:54 -0700

Yigal:

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il> wrote:

> The fact that some members, yourself included, keep responding to Jim's
> posts are proof that the A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E pinpoint accuracy of the
> Patriarchal narratives is a topic which does interest some members,

LOL!

While I have commented on the historical aspects of this, my main argument
was and remains a linguistic one—what Jim claims is the reading of the text,
and what the actual words of the text mean, are two completely different
things. He might as well be writing science fiction. Kenneth Greifer alludes
to that in his message, and I state it right out. Jim has yet to come to
grips with that argument.