b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] anything about Amarna

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] anything about Amarna
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:17:42 -0700

Jim:

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> On the contrary, I am trying to supply the rock-solid historical anchor to
> the Torah,

As I said before, you don’t establish the historicity of the Torah by
denying its historicity. That is an oxymoron.

In order to establish the historicity of Torah, you need to take the text as
it stands, and establish that that’s what happened. Once you change the
text, you deny its historicity. And that’s what we keep telling you, your
stories are not found in the text.

> which university scholars say is totally lacking.

So what? How is that even relevant?

> …, in my considered opinion.

So you admit you’re full of yourself.