b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Nation of Israel (quick conquest or not)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nation of Israel (quick conquest or not)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:55:07 +0200

My understanding of Akkadian is that we have a fairly good model of the
stages of its development representing various stages in its development and
that it is the Middle-Assyrian stage of development that we see in the
Amarna letters. Surely, therefore it is the archaeological and historical
model of Assyriology that gives us that dating of its usage. At least I
would expect it to be. I'm going to have to look into this a bit further.
Are you suggesting that our entire framework of Assyriology dating also
depends on Manetho's testimony? If that be the case then I would be forced
to admit that that would present compelling problems to our whole historical
framework.

James Christian