b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Nation of Israel (quick conquest or not)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nation of Israel (quick conquest or not)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:21:14 +0200

Hi,

> The Egyptian dating is messed up, as even people who do not believe the
> Bible but look at archeology claim. So the question then becomes, when were
> they written? Around 1400 BC is off the table, not believable. I don’t know
> the answer yet.

Sure. The only thing we can say for sure (assuming no forgery conspiracy
theories) is that they were written in the time of the 18th dynasty to
Pharaohs like Amenhotep. What time exactly he was around we can't say for
sure but if Shishak is Shoshenq then we have a list of pretty much confirmed
Pharaohs who all must have ruled for at least some time so we do have some
kind of framework we can build on.

James Christian