b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Bullinger's Companion Bible "Structures"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Richard" <aaa AT endlyss.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Bullinger's Companion Bible "Structures"
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:29:48 -0800

> Do these "structures" relate in some way to the Hebrew text?

Yes. He uses the Authorized Version of 1611 but goes through the actual
Hebrew mss with a fine toothed comb.

Throughout the entire Bible he has a structural outline beginning with each
book as a whole and then each chapter/psalm etc. and then a further break
down if necessary. These structures are not complicated but can be mixed.
Such as "Alternation", "Introversion", "Division", with some a bit more
involved.

In some cases where there is disagreement he claims that the structures
clear up the disagreement.

It is very interesting.

Richard Conaway