b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Akhenaton (Was: The King's road: Bezer)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Akhenaton (Was: The King's road: Bezer)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:25:18 +1100

This discussion has taken a turn towards some highly suspect historical
methodology. So, I thought I'd try to bring it back on track with largely
tangential but interesting piece on DNA research carried out on the body on
Tutankhamun. It has repercussions for our understanding of his father,
Akhenaton.

Thos interested in this historical research can go to the following link for
the article.

>From
><http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100216-king-tut-malaria-bones-inbred-tutankhamun/>
[See also <http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/17/science/17tut.html?hp>

I'm not out to discuss this article here at B-Hebrew. I just thought the list
members may find it interesting as an example of well conducted research.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au