b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] GAGA Hebrew ?! (was Perception . . .)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] GAGA Hebrew ?! (was Perception . . .)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:50:47 +0200

You still haven't understood anything I've written have you?

I have made no claims that the inventors of the alphabet didn't
differentiate between vowels. Of course they perceived the difference (at
some level of perception). Just as they also perceived the minute
differences of sounds between consonants and vowels (at some other level of
perception). As some people seem to be still confused with this I'm starting
a new thread about phonemes and minimal pairs. I'll see you there.

James Christian