b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] GAGA Hebrew ?! (was Perception . . .)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] GAGA Hebrew ?! (was Perception . . .)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:30:15 +0200

P.S.

You have no evidence for the Ugarits to have a perception of three different
vowels at a level strong enough to make different symbols for. You only have
evidence to show they had perception of three different aleph starting
syllables. If they perceived the three different vowels at a high enough
level then they would have made three vowel symbols and not three syllable
symbols. The sooner you acknowledge this the sooner we can start having a
serious linguistic discussion.

James Christian