b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] bias

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] bias
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 03:24:58 +0200

Hi Ken,

I'm not so sure about your claim that people look up to the title as much as
you put across. People like Karl and I have made it clear on many an
occasion that we don't pay any attention to that kind of thing. We just look
at the data and see if they support the arguments. There are many people
like us from all different religious backgrounds.

Also, I agree with Yigal absolutely. I really don't think you can know
Yigal's bias because he considers himself an Orthodox Jew. I've been a
member of this list for many years and have read many of Yigal's posts. None
of them have made me feel that Yigal is a stereotypical 'Orthodox Jew'
(whatever one of them is). In fact, some people may refrain from providing a
religious title exactly because they don't like to be prejudged by people
who think they can guess their biases from it.

If you've read any number of my posts I would be interested in your opinion
of what religious description you think I am. I'll tell you after you've
committed yourself. You may be in for a surprise.

James Christian