b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] bias

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] bias
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 03:11:03 +0000

James CHRISTIAN,

I don't think the moderators would like me to guess your religious beliefs
based on your postings which I have often read. I never noticed any obvious
bias, but bias is not always obvious. You seem pretty MODERATE to me.

If a scholar with a PhD says something, a lot of people listen, even if you
and Karl are not as impressed. If a scholar's life is dedicated 100 per cent
to his or her religious faith like in Orthodox Judaism, and it is the center
of his or her life, then that is a major commitment to that person, and it
will affect how that person looks at the Hebrew Bible. Every translation and
explanation will be shaped by that faith. The same is true for anti-religious
scholars.

Kenneth Greifer

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/