b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] theories and standards

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: belaga AT math.u-strasbg.fr
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] theories and standards
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:48:48 +0200

I do agree with you that the haste whith which James Christian has put you in the superstition corner should be rebuked.

Myself, I am very grateful to you for this references of which I knew only part.

This rather typical exchange raises the question: to what degree should we take care of what the Biblical sources and related Jewish and Christian commentaries of the distant past speak about.

Here, the camps of believers and skeptics look at each other with disdain.

Myself, a "hard" scientist as I am, I have chosen to take such sources with the greatest seriousness.

Dr. Edward G. Belaga
Institut de Recherche en Mathématique Avancée
Universite Louis Pasteur
7, rue René Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, FRANCE
tel.: 333 90 24 02 35, FAX: 333 90 24 03 28 , cellular: 336 76 29 63 04
e-mail : edward.belaga AT math.u-strasbg.fr