b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] theories and standards

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] theories and standards
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 15:26:36 +0300

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:32 PM, James Read wrote:
> Sure. I get the logic. You could also make an argument based on Adam's name.
> But these arguments are by no means conclusive.

I don't know why you think I even intended to claim these arguments
were very strong or that the story of Babel to be necessarily historical.
I don't. You just said "I did once hear a theory that Hebrew must be
the mother of all languages and that there was some biblical support
for this. However, try as I might, I haven't been able to find any ..." So
I provided the source where "some biblical support" for the idea might
be adduced.

Yitzhak Sapir