b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:18:09 -0500

David Kummerow wrote:
Dear John,

Your analogy has no bearing whatsoever on our discussion. Tea quite obviously has nothing to do with cars.

A discussion about whether dagesh is phonemic or not and an answer by way of showing that the definite article is /haC/ in contrast to an interrogative /ha/ morpheme relates specifically to this question. It is a direct answer to the question. So your analogy between "cars" and "tea" falls apart completely.
Like I said - of clearly never understood my question, as if yu did my analogy would make perfect sense.
I do however understand my question - and I can tell you my analogy applies.

But I'm not going to waste time debating with you if my analogy makes sense or not.

My question has been answered, so unless people (who understand my question like David Hamuel and Yitzhak) have more examples to give, there is no need for this thread to continue.

B"H
John Steven