b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:00:39 +1100

Dear John,

Your analogy has no bearing whatsoever on our discussion. Tea quite obviously has nothing to do with cars.

A discussion about whether dagesh is phonemic or not and an answer by way of showing that the definite article is /haC/ in contrast to an interrogative /ha/ morpheme relates specifically to this question. It is a direct answer to the question. So your analogy between "cars" and "tea" falls apart completely.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

The purpose of asking a question is to get the answer you want.
If I ask a question about cars, I want an answer about cars...... not about tea leaves.
No matter how great and complex the answer about tea leaves is - I don't what that answer has it doesn't apply to my question. So it would only make sense for me to reject the tea leaves answers to my car question.
Otherwise - what's the point?? lol

B"H
John Steven