b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:27:36 -0500

Yitzhak Sapir wrote:
I don't understand. First you insist on complete orthographical similarity.
Then, you go ahead and remove prefixes as if they don't matter at all.
You refuse to further elaborate on your question saying you won't validate
your question, but don't understand why we don't understand the question.
Maybe you should look to the queen or her king to give you the answer.
Or is that not good enough?
I am still insisting on graphic similarity - I am just narrowing the focus down to just the base of the word - ignoring the prefix and suffix morpheme.

I have been elaborating quite a bit - trying to ask the same question almost 100 different ways - modifying it, changing the terms I'm using, etc. Then you complain when I modify the question!!!

The first problem is that you don't believe me.
When I say you haven't answered my question - instead of arguing as to whether you answered it, try believing me.

So with the example:
<H:A/$OM"R> vs <HA/$.OM"R>

The "base" parts are :
<$OM"R> vs <$.OM"R>
They both have the exact same letters.
They both have the exact same vowels.
One has a dagesh - one doesn't.
But they have the same meaning: Qal Participle Masculine Singular

Is there ever a case that a word will have all of the above criteria, except that the words have different meaning?