b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:55:15 +0200

If you think so (and you're wrong), how do you explain the difference
between prefixed heh with patach and the same with kamats or segol?
The difference between your approach and that everyone else in the
world who deals with these things is that we attempt to explain what
we find in the text, while you attempt to explain the text based on
your pre-invented schemes. I guess that's why you don't feel the need
to explain the difference in forms. In your system, it doesn't matter
what's found in the text; it only matters what mystical meaning exists
behind the consonants. Sorry, but the rest of us come from a very
different perspective -- one that actually seeks to successfully
explain the accidents of the language as it is found in the sacred
text.

Jason Hare