b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] (no subject)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: LM Barre <l_barre AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:34:35 -0800 (PST)

Got it, George.

Lloyd Barré
http://freewebs.com/lmbarre

>From l_barre AT yahoo.com Tue Feb 3 15:04:40 2009
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:04:31 -0800 (PST)
From: LM Barre <l_barre AT yahoo.com>
To: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [b-hebrew] Synchronic or diachronic?

Members of b-hebrew seemed to be convince the diachronic studies of the
Hebrew Bible are impossible.  This is just biased and ignorant.  For example,
we can approximately date Psalm 29 by the Ugaritic feature of the enclitic
mem in v1 as I mentioned.

I have no problem with synchronic interpretations as such.  But to insist
that it is the only one possible flies in the face of biblical references
books for one.  Even Wikipedia is diachronic.

Lloyd Barré
http://freewebs.com/lmbarre