b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Year of Exodus

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "B Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Year of Exodus
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:47:56 -0800

Gad:

It's confusing when you use different categories in response to a posting.
As far as I can tell, your mix of a & b is the same as my "former" (see
below).

While Hoffmeier did work on post Hyksos toponyms, what about Hyksos period
and pre-Hyksos toponyms? If the devastation of Egypt was as serious as
mentioned by David Downs (see URL below), is it not possible that some of
the cities named in Exodus were abandoned, and if rebuilt it was
significantly later and under possibly different names? Would that not
explain the different names found in post-Hyksos post-Exodus Egypt?

Karl W. Randolph.