b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] NXM

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] NXM
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:16:40 -0400

By the way Karl, I Think you are misreading 'epho as "his anger." See Job 9:24, 19:23, 24:25. It means "then."

Shalom,
Bryan

K Randolph wrote:

I'm sorry, but I see this passage differently, mainly based on verse 6,
"Know his anger for God has dealt twisted with me, and he caused his fence
to encircle me. Behold, I cry 'Unfair' and I am not answered, I cry for help
and there is no judgement for me. He fenced around my traveling way that I
do not cross over, he has placed darkness upon my path. …"

Even here, though Job darkens council with words, he does not accuse God of
wrongdoing, rather more a cry of "Why, God?" because he doesn't understand.

--
B.M. Rocine
Living Word Church