b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew-speaking Philistines

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Gary Hedrick" <garyh AT cjfm.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew-speaking Philistines
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:34:06 -0500

What's a good study on the relationship between early Hebrew and the
Canaanite language/dialects? Also, does anyone know of a scholarly source
that summarizes what we've learned about Canaanite religion, culture, and
language from the Ugarit rediscovery in Syria in 1928?

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA
GaryH AT cjfm.org

Yigal,