b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Assumptions about ANE ages that just don't work.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Yaakov Stein" <yaakov_s AT rad.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Assumptions about ANE ages that just don't work.
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:29:38 -0700

Dear List,

What are the presuppositions/assumptions being applied that would justify
taking
the ages = season? It appears that just because we do not believe that the
ages
in Genesis are correct because "no one could live that long" does not
necessarily mean that that is so. The ages mentioned are in the text. There is
NO justification or evidence to prove that they are incorrect. Furthermore,
since Moses wrote it that way, and he was closer to the source(s) than any of
us, then it would be wise not to contradict him especially in comparison to
the
Sumerian Kings List.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III