b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Two X letters

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin Riley" <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: "B Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Two X letters
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:57:39 +1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)

Isaac

The claim is that the Hebrew X represents two sounds, not that two letters
merged in Hebrew. It is believed by most Semiticists, so I am surprised you
don't consider it worth considering. But, that is your choice - you are
free to believe whatever you want to. I am curious, however, as to what you
would replace observation with as a tool - surely you would not support
theoretical speculation without any observed evidence?

Kevin