b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] chalal-perforate/pierce?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org >> \"b-hebrew-lists.ibiblio.org\"" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] chalal-perforate/pierce?
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 22:29:25 -0500

Shoshanna Walker wrote:
Yes, the internet is full to the brim of sites advocating Christian interpretations of the Torah, and yes, some of Chazal interpreted it to refer to Mashiach, but the consensus - and there are always differing opinions and then a consensus - is that this is referring to Israel.

HH: I don't know what you mean when you say there are always differing opinions and then a consensus. There does not always seem to be a consensus. This seems true of the Jewish community too, I might add. There is generally a majority opinion and a minority opinion. There may be several minority opinions. And there may be two or more major views that have about equal popularity.
By the way, the Mashiach who will be physically harmed, is Mashiach ben Yosef, who will come before Mashiach ben David, and he will be killed defending us against the nations who come against us in Jerusalem/Israel.

HH: I think there is only one Mashiach as the fulfillment of prophecy. The anointed one is a king and must come from the house of David, not the house of Joseph.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard