b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] virgin vs. young woman

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] virgin vs. young woman
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 18:17:41 -0700

Tory:

Your response is exactly why I responded as I did to Jim Cunningham.
This can very easily devolve to a useless argument as we each push our
own ideologies, for the reason I accept one meaning is according to my
ideology, and the reason for yours below is according to your
ideology. The best answer of many would best be, "I disagree with you,
let's go on to the next subject."

Karl W. Randolph.

On 7/9/07, Tory Thorpe <torythrp AT yahoo.com> wrote:
--- "Rev. Jim Cunningham" <kjv_gods_word AT yahoo.com>
wrote:

> ... Alma specifically means
> a maiden or damsel - a young woman who has not been
> married/sexually touched. There is no such thing as
> an "alma" who has had sex.

Yes there is. Physical virginity is not implicit in
either alma or betulah.

Tory Thorpe