b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua 2:1 and 17, Questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jason Hare" <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua 2:1 and 17, Questions
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:14:55 -0500

Isaac,

(1) I do not think it "redundant" to mention the binyan of a specific
form. However, no one mentioned it at all. The question was entirely
other.

(2) The question was about the form, which is MASCULINE!

Additionally... Is it normal to use a direct object like this
with להשביע? Should it not employ a lamed-prefix for the indirect
object? I don't know what's standard in BH.

Regards,

Jason